Illegal dumping is a crime punished by a $500 fine and/or 1 year in jail.
· YOU CANNOT LITTER . Throwing trash on public roadways and waterways is illegal. KRS 512.070
· YOU CANNOT DUMP HOUSEHOLD WASTE ON THE GROUND. NOT even on your own property. KRS 224.100
· YOU CANNOT ALLOW TRASH TO ACCIDENTALLY FALL FROM YOUR VEHICLE. It is illegal for to operate a vehicle without securing the load with a suitable device to prevent spillage of contents from your vehicle. KRS 189.150
Did you know to haul trash in Henderson County as a waste hauler, you need to be registered as a licensed franchised hauler with the county, and you also must be registered with the state of Kentucky?
If you hire someone to dispose of waste for you, ask to see their Waste Hauler License. Perpetrators will often take your money and illegally dump your items to avoid the disposal fee.
Common items illegally dumped include:
- Household trash
- Construction and demolition debris
- Remodeling debris
- Land-clearing debris
- Tree debris
- Medical waste
Why is illegal dumping a problem?
Help keep Henderson County a safe and beautiful place - Report illegal dumping!
- the date and time of the incident
- a detailed description of the vehicle involved
- a detailed description of the person dumping
- the location (city, address, cross street, driving directions, etc.)