Motor Vehicles

Motor Vehicle Licensing is the most frequently visited area of the County Clerk's office.

Registration Renewal

What do you need to bring to the County Clerk's office to renew your registration? We recommend that you please bring last year's certificate of registration and proof of insurance. (If you do not have last year's registration, there will be an additional $3 fee for a duplicate.)

Additional Note: All delinquent tax must be paid in order to complete the renewal.

Process to Apply for a Personalized Plate

  • Go to Kentucky's Motor Vehicle Site and select the plate style you want to personalize.
  • Check to see if your personalization is available.
  • If available, you will submit an online pre-application to the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing (MVL).
  • A committee withing MVL will approve or deny your request.
  • You will receive a letter from MVL notifying you if the request was approved or denied. If it is approved, you must bring the approval letter to the County Clerk's office, with the $25 application fee and the Application for personalized plate (TC96-342).

Previous Year Motor Vehicle Taxes

Check my paid motor vehicle taxes. All you will need is your VIN number, which may be located on your title or the dash of the vehicle.

Check My Boat HIN (Hull Identification Number)

The U.S Coast Guard has mandated that Kentucky come into compliance with all HINs by 2018. Learn more about correcting or applying for a HIN Number (PDF).

Camper Info